This just may end up being my longest blog ever. My apologies in advance. I would like to begin this mini-novel with something positive. Congrats to Angelica and Luis on their new bundle of joy Alexa! My lil niece decided against waiting until I came back home to make her appearance, but that's okay. Can't wait till she's bigger and we can wear out matching RUN DMC shirts :)
SO. Let us begin this journey with re-living my weekend. So Friday morning we leave for Savannah, Georgia. I asked Brandy if she wanted me to drive because I knew she hadn't had much sleep but she said she was fine running off of fake energy. That didn't last long because an hour later I was driving. I drove for about 7 hours before we switched. My back felt like a freakin accordion! So I tried going to sleep to no avail. Meanwhile, Adonis' ass is knocked out in backseat looking all peaceful, like he's dreaming of dancing pork chops or something.
So we finally get to Savannah around 8:30 and were pissed bcus Paula Deen and her brother's restaurants were both closed. So someone Brandy knows told us to go to this other restaurant, Vic's on the River. I called to make a reservation and off we go. What a beautiful city. All the big ol houses and weeping willows...but reminds me of the big house aka slave massa's house. I told Brandy she was a house nigga..........cus she sho woulda been. Anyway, so we get to Vic's and this hostess is dumber than a box of rocks. Like forreal. She's like I only have one reservation at 9:30 for another name (that sounds almost exactly like Bran's). So I start name dropping, I'm telling her the name of the chick I made a reservation with over the phone and maybe she jus heard the name wrong. She's over there hmmm and ahhh-ing I'm like does the girl's name I said work here? Of course she does! We left, incompetence at its finest folks!
So we went to Tony Roma's and had a nice evening then went back to the hotel and crashed. Next morning, on the road again. Whenever I got sleepy I just listened to Teflon Don to get me supa hype. While driving, we started seeing signs for Daytona Beach, where my cousin lives. We called and took about a hour off the road to spend some time with him and the kids. Absolutely adore my lil cousins. (Will post their pic after I upload this digital cam)
So we finally make it to Miami Lakes. Of course my ass is sick and getting sicker. So right across the street we walk over to CVS. I take my wallet while Brandy and Adonis wait outside for me. I pay for my medication, put the change in my wallet and walk out. I know I had my wallet because I remember putting the change of 13.01 in my wallet cus I was excited there was no sales tax. We get back, go upstairs and put Adonis up then come back down to take stuff up from the car. After that we head to Ruby Tuesday's for dinner. Ruby Tuesday's is in this shopping plaza which must be the high school kid's hang out spot on a Saturday night. Madness, there was scantly clad teens every way you turned. We sit down, enjoy a nice dinner, and when it's time to pay, I can't find my wallet in my purse. I don't even panic because I know it must be at the hotel. We get back to the hotel and its nowhere. So I check the hotel, car, call CVS and Ruby Tuesday. It's nowhere. So at 1 in the morning I retrace my steps with Adonis as my protection. Nada. No one used my cards but still nada.
That's not even the worst of it.....how am I gonna fly back without an id?!!!!! Greyhound aint even happening! It would be like a 3 day ride or something?? And if my back felt like an accordion already, what would become of me?? Plus I didn't request any more time off work. So I'm stranded without a dime to my name. So i went and filed a police report with the most illiterate officer on the force? Do you not need to know how to read and write for that job?? I mean I know yall stay on the First 48 but lowering your standards that low is pretty ridiculous....
I really tried hard not to let this mishap get me down. I didn't want this to interfere with the time I spent with my sister. Everything I lost is replaceable, but my time with her is not. So Sunday night we went to Miami Beach and had some drinks, praying I wouldn't get carded since I was id-less. And I wasn't which i felt a bit conflicted about, I thought I had a baby face! Anyway, people watching was fun, alot of fun.
The next day it was time for me to leave. I headed to the airport 2 hours in advance with my crocodile tears on deck should I need to start my Oscar-worthy tear jerking performance. They called a supervisor to come talk to me. I told him the situation, showed him the police report # and my buck id. Ohhhh he was a buckeye fan. Asking me about my degree, telling me how proud he is of me. God, I just love being a buckeye! Anyway thank goodness I also had a prescription on me with my name, so he let me fly. So off to Charlotte I went for a 3 hour layover. Got on that plane and sat next to the most talkative man in history! The 20 minutes we sat waiting on the plane to take off, he told me his whole life story. I mean for real. What he was doing in Charlotte, where he's from, what he does, what he watches, the instruments he plays, etc, etc. I was cordial but was supa hype when he finally put his ipod in!
Fast forward to today-Landed safely, back in Columbus at work, and now the rebuilding begins. Have to open a new acct, order more checks, change my direct deposit, etc, etc. Never been so happy to be back in cold ass Ohio :-p
WoW
ReplyDelete