Original, free-flowing thoughts straight from the mind of Seirra. Hope you love more than you hate....

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Way Overdue

Hey everyone.  I know it has been WAY too long since I last blogged.  But what really made me want to blog this time is when I was at dinner with my friend Krista on Sunday, she says, 'you know I read your blog".  And I had no idea! I mean I was pretty sure my mom is a loyal follower, but that's kinda her job, no?  So to the few that do read my blog, I won't go that long again.  Made me feel kinda special :-)  And please comment!! I like hearing feedback!

So what's been going on in Seirra's life?  Nothing exciting.  For Thanksgiving I went home to Akron and Brandy came home from Miami.  It was really nice to spend those few days with her but now I am gearing up for my Miami trip!!  But other than that I have been applying for jobs, interviewing for jobs, working and repeat.  I'm trying to remain optimistic, and lately I have a really good feeling. (Keep your fingers crossed for me.)

Two weeks ago I got a letter in the mail stating that my first loan payment of $519 dollars is due on January 14th.  A mild panic began to set in, one because I thought I had until February and two because seriously, my monthly payment is more than my rent?? I had already begun the consolidation process so hopefully that will be done before my first payment is due, otherwise I will be taking an online class to defer payment further.  It's really time to organize a million student march.  I really appreciate all the work Obama is doing, but all those billions he gave to bail out the banks......I really feel like he could have just forgave 50% of student loans for students that actually COMPLETED their degrees. I'm just saying, maybe I should write him a letter??

So Christmas is coming up, I'm not really in the spirit though.  The roads are congested, I get obscene amounts of trash mail to my house, etc.  I haven't put up my Christmas tree in two years....I sound a lil like Scrooge don't I??  Well the plus side is I'll have some much needed time off work.  My daily routine is to  work, go home, cook, watch some TV and am in bed by 10:30 because I'm exhausted.  I'm 23 years old.......this is a problem lol.

Say goodbye to Seirra's hair.  You will not see me without a hat on until about March.  This is not the season to be tryna look cute, nor is this the season to attempt to go out.  I have no desire to stand in lines, slip on ice wearing heels and/or carry around my coat inside the entire night. 

Anyway back to the daily grind of being talked to like I'm a dog by patient's parents :-)  By the way, why do parents insist on bring their newborns in without socks on?? The parent is bundled up from head to toe in a damn snow suit but you think your 1 month old doesn't deserve simple things like socks.........?

1 comment:

  1. Amen on the student Loans! They tried to hit me with $499... yeah I'm definately not paying that!

    ReplyDelete